Thursday, June 10, 2010
I am posting my first joyajewelry giveaway!! This is so exciting and I have been thinking about doing it for some time. I am feeling a sense of renewed energy from the e-course I am taking and it has motivated me to celebrate what I post on my blog. To welcome this celebration I am giving away a one of a kind repurposed vintage charm necklace. It is so sweet and dainty. All you have to do is "follow" my blog. Just click the follow button in the right hand column and you are entered. On the 4th of July I will post the winner. I will put all of your names in a bowl and have my hubby pull one out. Thanks for following.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Monday was a great meeting of like minds. I am so thankful for the circle of creative friends that I have in my life. I met Tiffin about three years ago in my mom's bunco group, of all places. We started gabbing about antiques and then creative aspirations and the rest has been a whirlwind of fun times. Jessica and I met through Tiffin when we were at our first photo shoot. Jess was our photographer extraordinaire. Good times ever since. I recently met Jenni at a local festival and can't wait to get to know her better. I introduce these fine woman because they help me. And when I say this, I mean it so sincerely. We support one another whatever creative dreams we are chasing. The part I love the most is that there is no jealousy just love and support. When one succeeds we all succeed. We try to meet monthly and this gathering was about revamping our blogs and finding new ways to get ourselves out there into the world.
So, if you would love to surround yourself with other creative people, go to etsy and click on the shop local section. There you will find other artists in you area. You would be surprised at how many of you are looking for one another. I tell ya it helps to have the support.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Kelly Rae Roberts. The course is designed to help me (and other artists) really think about where I want my creative business to go. But with a twist!! It is so spiritually driven and so personal that I am, after the first day, realizing how badly I want my creative business to grow. We were given the challenge of setting goals for ourselves and it got me thinking and motivated to right them down in my journal. And now I am going to put them out there into the blogosphere.
- List more jewelry regularly on my etsy shop.
- Reorganize my blog and make it a wonderful place for inspiration and honesty.
- Get published in a national magazine ( Lucky and Country Living magazine I am talking to you)!
- I would love to be a jeweler featured on the Today Show.
- Publish a book about repurposing vintage jewelry.
- BE DIFFERENT IN A SEA OF OTHERS CREATING JEWELRY. I AM NOT THE SAME!! (This one is very important to me hence the all caps)
- Becoming a legitimate business
- A big goal I would love to accomplish is to design a jewelry line with any of the greatest costume jewelery houses: Lisner, Trifari, or Monet. A line that would bring back the beautiful jewelry of the past. I would even like to see Sarah Coventry bring a line back to life and I would love to be a part of it.
- This goal is the biggest of them all. I really want to find a successful way to juggle being a first time mom with being a successful creative artist. This I know will come to me:)