Wednesday, August 29, 2012

For the Love of Hankies

So, these beauties are headed to Country Living Ohio!!! And I am so so excited!! They are actually tagging along with modernjune and I couldn't thank Kelly enough for her kindness in letting my hankie necklaces be apart of her amazing set up. And you heard it right inside the glass are pieces of vintage handkerchiefs. I don't know about y'all but I carry a hankie. It was one of my grandmothers which gives me a sense of nostalgia. Honestly a small love affair with them :) So with that said I found several of them at an estate sale. Some were not in the best condition. But that didn't matter because I took the best parts of them and made them the star attraction in these necklaces. I am so obsessed with making them right now.
Can you imagine the lady who embroidered this piece of the hankie. So sweet!! I didn't feel bad cutting into it because it was riddled with holes. But no matter because the sweetest piece now has a life as a necklace bound for new journeys. I will be making more of these for my etsy shop so stand by and if you are in the Ohio area stop by moderjune's booth to scoop one up.

No comments: