Monday, August 2, 2010

1000 Ideas For Creative Reuse and Me


Last year a friend of mine sent me a link to Quarry Books. They were calling all crafters and artists who remake, restyle, recycle, and renew as their way of creating art for a book called, "1000 Ideas For Creative Reuse" by Garth Johnson.  I jumped at the chance to send a couple of my pieces and to fulfill one of my goals to get published. I sent two pictures of my soldered vintage stamp necklaces and a picture of my vintage button bracelet. And to my excitement six months later I received an e-mail stating that I had made it into the final copy of the book. I had my husband read it after I had read it several times to make sure I wasn't imagining it. 
The brilliance and creativity that go into some of the artists pieces is quite amazing. I am humbled to be a part of such a stylish and well put together ensemble of crafters and artists.

2 comments:

Lessons Learned said...

wow, that is wonderful and very exciting. Congratulations to you. :)

Unknown said...

Woohooo! What a fabulous looking publication to be a part. Congrats!