Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Past And Present


Last year we had a couple of ducks show up and swim every morning. This year we have only seen them a handful of times! Love ducks :)
Growing up in a small town in the south was so much fun especially in the summer months. Exploring all day and sometimes into the evenings, fire flies, and lots of kids in the neighborhood to play with. I started reminiscing about my childhood after Kenon asked me about how summers were around here. We were driving Wren around on the golf cart before his bedtime and saw these boys playing in a creek.  I had a flood of memories rush back to me after kenon's question and the boys just playing away. I immediately remembered playing kick ball in the street out the front of our house. I remember my sister and I getting lost in our imaginations as we navigated our way through the woods along the bike paths. There was this giant tree that fell across a small creek in the woods and we named it the Bridge To Terabithia just like the book. It was our magical forest kingdom. And now that I am older and have a little one of my own. I can't wait to see how his imagination will conquer the summer. So far this summer has been so wonderful and busy. Wren loves swimming and riding on the golf cart aka the go go!! Chasing bubbles and the ducks at the pond down from our house. Kenon and I also decided to landscape our back yard ourselves. A huge endeavor! But now that it is done, we are pretty proud of ourselves and completely happy with how it turned out. Honestly though the best part of this summer is just being. Taking it all in knowing that new memories are being formed and loving every minute of it.

No comments: