Sunday, May 20, 2012

lovely thread and a custom order

When I do shows I always get asked, "do you do custom orders? I have a ton of my mother or grandmothers jewelry and I don't know what to do with it. Can you make me a custom piece?" And you will always hear me say YES!! of course I love doing custom pieces. One because it gives me a challenge and two because that piece means so much more to my customer. It is personal, meaningful, and nostalgic. And I love to see their faces when I have created something that they can wear and enjoy.

I just recently did a big custom order for a client whose grandmother past away. She was an avid sewer and collected an array of thread. She was 97 years old when she past and left quite a legacy I was told. So I was really excited to take on this challenge. I was given 11 spools of thread in several different colors and a bag of her favorite buttons. I was so excited to get to create something special and unique for all the women in her family. The necklaces were going to her grandchildren and great grandchildren. Each necklace consisted of one spool of thread, a button, and a vintage key. I think they turned out fantastic and when my customer came to pick them up she was so excited with how they turned out. Which in turn made me super happy that she was happy :). It meant a lot to me to be able to create such personal pieces for her and all of her family members.






No comments: