Thursday, March 26, 2009

Winter Wonderland







KP, my family and I have been in Colorado since Sunday. This is a momentous trip because I am skiing for the first time since the 8th grade. Mind you that has been 19 years ago. So, with my expectations high I went to ski school and now three days later I am hooked, hooked, hooked!! My hubby is a great skier. My instructor, Steve, awesome by the way, asked me what I wanted out of the class by the end of our 2 hour session and I said I just wanted to keep up with KP and be able to stop:) Stopping technique - check, but keeping up with KP, still need some more practice. But I am proud to say by the beginning of day 2 I was skiing the green and blue runs with ease.

We are at Granby Ranch and we have been skiing SolVista Basin. I love this place and so want to come back next year. So, for all you beginners or non-beginners I highly recommend this place. The people have been so great here plus it is not packed with people like some of those bigger ski resorts.

No comments: